Monday, January 3, 2011

Petoskey Pleasure

Over the holiday break I spent some time in my studio, albeit not as much as I wanted. But it was productive nonetheless!

I snagged this Petoskey cabochon way back in 2006 (when I got the dino bone fossil). So I guess lately I've been crankin' out a few pieces from the past. This was a relatively straightforward construction. The trickiest part was doing the cutout on the back since it is essentially a 'blind' cut.
This stone really is just too pretty to hide the back! (Please ignore my careless fingerprint - der!)

I wanted to leave the pendant with a matte finish (I'm really not a huge fan of high-shine all the time) BUT the only chain I have is super shiny...so I'm still debating how to finish it just yet...maybe I will make some custom chain.

1 comment:

Find me...

Website
Facebook
Etsy

Email
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org