Monday, February 7, 2011

Countdown to Valentines

It's not too late! You still have 1 week left until Valentines. Here is a list of great handmade gifts for your sweetheart this year. If your in the mood for some DIY, there is something here for you too!

Gifts For Him:
Why not a pair of quality hand made cufflinks?
He can even wear them out to the fancy Valentines dinner you will have!

Or maybe it's time for a new wallet
Brian treated himself to a wallet from this shop, and  I was really impressed with the quality workmanship. The detail from construction to packaging was top notch.

Want to support a local artist? Check out this shop, featuring this tee among many others.
You can find him on Etsy as well as Robot Shop and Vault Of Midnight.

For Her:
Ok, so I could just direct you to my shop, but you probably already know what I have to offer. Looking for something other than jewelry?
I have personally enjoyed these candles, they have a great fragrance and last a long time.

Brian bought me a pouch from one of my favorite Etsy shops for Christmas.
I just LOVE my pouch (it is blue with a jellyfish) and bonus- she makes her items with recycled materials!

I'm also a huge fan a loose teas (ok not EXACTLY hand made). I have had the pleasure of tasting few teas from Tea Haus in Ann Arbor. To my surprise I really loved Autumn Spice, which features fennel, anise, clove, and orange peel. This is a great option if you looking for something local and tasty that won't break the bank.

Feelin' Crafty:




From one of my favorite blogs, I found a number of DIY projects that could be used for Valentines. One is a fabric heart garland. If you didn't want to go all out and make a garland, a single heart would be great for a finishing touch on gift packaging, like this one that I made...
If your in the mood for some something sweet, these truffles are super easy and people always ask me for the recipe. I've topped them with crushed peppermint and coconut, both were great.
(photo from Real Simple)
Or maybe you don't have a valentine? In that case, why not treat yourself to some homemade infused vodka. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me...

Website
Facebook
Etsy

Email
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org