Friday, September 17, 2010

Visit's Home

I have been blessed with some great visits this month, my brother Dan and friend Erik last week and uncle Bob this week.  So, while I haven't worked a ton on jewelry (outside of Dan's Custom stuff), I have had the pleasure of good company and even the opportunity to cook a nice meal or two.

Naturally I wanted to post about one of those meals which has become a staple in our house. It's one of my favorites to prepare for many reasons; simplicity, flavor, use of ingredients, and visual appeal. No I cannot claim this Garlic Roasted Chicken recipe as my own (I have to thank Food Network Magazine). Here's a pic after the chicken is browned and right before I pop it into the oven...
Simple. Fragrant. Amazing.
I found it impossible to find skin-on boneless chicken, so I used skin-on bone-in. Another reason I love making this recipe is the use of fresh rosemary (from my garden) and the aroma that fills the house. I prefer using locally grown garlic because the cloves are smaller and crisp up nicely. The recipe calls for 425F oven temp, but I bring it down to 400F to accommodate for brussels sprouts which I toss in olive oil, sea salt, and cracked pepper. Baking the little cabbages in a single layer on a baking sheet and turning them periodically results in a nicely browned, slightly crispy outer layer. I wish I would say I had a fab pic of those brussels sprouts and the basil/tomato salad I made but I don't. The above preview will have to do and you will have to use your imagination, or better yet try it all yourself! 

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing. You must make that for us sometime! MUST.

    ReplyDelete

Find me...

Website
Facebook
Etsy

Email
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org